So I passed out on the bus today.
Yep. I'm just standing there minding my own business when it feels like my internal body temperature just jumped about 800 degrees. I start peeling off my scarf and unzipping my coat. I put my mp3 player away and try to keep my knees bent.
It's not working, lights are looking really bright and everything seems "over-developed". My peripheral vision is fading to black so I finally turn to the man standing next to me and I say, "excuse me, I'm about to pass out, can you help me?"
My voice sounds tinny and then there is just a jumbling of words all around me. The bus has stopped. We are at an actual bus stop. I feel hands and arms around me as I am unceremoniously shoved off the bus and made to sit down on my new bright red coat.
I slowly realize that there are still 3 people around me. They are asking if I'm okay. One of them is running to the nearest store to get juice and water, another is hailing a cab. After 5 minutes, I can thank them for their help. After another 5, the cab shows up. I am personally mortified at this point and they then offer to pay for my cab. I have no cash, so I accept.
As I'm walking to the cab, we finally introduce ourselves. So to my Saviors of the day, Jeff, Juliana, and Brandy...Thanks.
Friday, November 14, 2008
My 3 Saviors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! I'm so glad you had three angels watching over you this morning.
It's a little bizarre but I kind of had the same thing happen to me yesterday, except I wasn't on a bus with total strangers. I was standing next to the door in the office talking to our accountant and all the sudden I started feeling weak and could feel the same sense of loss of vision. I hurried and sat down while everything went black, fortunately I kept myself from passing out but as soon as my vision recovered I felt the same heat surge and then... I had to run to the bathroom to vomit. Ugh... that wasn't fun.
I'm glad you made it to work ok and I hope the rest of your day goes ok.
Wow, what an awful experience. Why do you think that happened? And the bus, that must have been a not-so-fun place to have that happen. Sorry about that! Glad you had people there to help you though.
It is always nice to hear about the good people in the world. I'm glad that you are okay!
Rae that is crazy, it kills me that you have some crazy story to tell every day on your blog. You should slow down a little bit:)
I personally pass out really easy so I know how embarassing it can be.
I am so glad that you are okay.
Heidi - I'm not really sure why that happened. It was a VERY crowded bus (it always is in the morning) so I was standing up and there were people standing within inches of me. We were underground, so it can be a little disorienting, the heater is on full blast and I'm in a coat. I haven't fainted in a really long time, but the last time I did, it was sort of like this. (Crowds, heat, etc...)
OMG! Rae! I'm so sorry that must of been so scary, it's so happened to me before and I know how frighting it can be. I hope you are ok, and let me know if you need anything. even though I'm so far away!
It's so nice to still know their are good people in the world that care because who would of known what would of happened if know one helped.
You poor thing! I am glad you are okay. I am with Mandy, it is nice to know there are still decent people in this world.
One time I was standing in a grocery store line and I started to feel weird and I said to myself, "I wonder what it feels like when you are about to faint?", and then the next thing I heard was "Should we call an ambulance?" and I thought, "Oh dang... I did it!"
Hey guys! It's good to "see" you! We are so glad that you have a blog so that we can keep in touch. It has been forever since we last talked. It was good to talk to you today. We hope that everything is going well for you. Please keep in touch!
Holy crap! I am so glad you are okay -did you find out why it happened? I am so glad there were nice people to take care of you!
I finally added you - blessed is the day!!
Post a Comment