Monday, December 1, 2008

Dear CTA...an open letter

Dear CTA,

I want to tell you how much I love you. For 2 dollars I can go practically anywhere and at practically any time.

You are so great. Your drivers almost always know where they're going and your suggested, but not quite accurate, schedule always keeps me guessing.

I have to say though, today was a bad day. I hopped on your 151 to Union Station thinking to myself, "what luck! I only had to wait a few minutes and I even got a seat!" Then you disappointed me CTA, your bus crapped out in the middle of Michigan Ave., only two blocks from where I was picked up.

I would have had a picture to show you, but it was so cold there was no way I was stopping. Besides, I needed to find a new bus to get me to the train station. You see, CTA, I have a head cold. A very nasty one, that required me to leave work early. It was so nice of you to accommodate my needs on the quick pick-up, but to then dash my hopes of a speedy trip two blocks down was abominable.

I would like to propose a solution. We are in this together and so we MUST work this out. How about you check your buses on a consistent basis for things like working batteries, and even alternators, and I'll not look for alternative transportation.

Deal?

All my love,

Rae

4 comments:

Leah said...

Aw no I'm sorry you r sick and that happened!! I had that have in Dallas on their train system.. totally sucks. It must be so much worse since it's freezing there.

I'm glad I didn't call to catch up.. how about you call me when you feel better?

Rae said...

Thanks. You know, it's actually not too bad. I slept for 2.5 hours today and although I still can't breath out of the left side of my nose, and I'm still dizzy and tired, I'm coherent, which is a lot considering where I was this morning. :) I'll call you soon. I'll be back in the saddle in no time.

Amy said...

Rae- you are so funny. Your last four posts still leave me with a giggle as I think about them now. Dh's face is priceless about having won your battle.
Sorry your sick- get well please!

Celeste Christensen said...

That is cute! Your stories are priceless! You know I have even got myself calling my daughter Rae. I always remember you and that creative mosaic you made for your condo number.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP