Mom and Dad LOVE the kitchen in this house and considering the amount of wallpaper that was in the foyer of this home when they first saw it, I'm convinced this is one the only reasons they didn't laugh in the realtors face and walk out.
This is "the stove". I think my dad has wanted one of these things since like, I was born.

And this is "the spatula". We took a trip to GFS (It's like costco without the hassle of membership) and we found this awesome institutional grill top metal spatula (I think there's supposed to be a comma in there somewhere, but whatever). *For serious cooks only - as demonstrated*
The center of the range has a flat griddle under the cover and it has a temperature gauge. I made omeletes that first morning with mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese. I LOVE griddles.
I didn't take any pictures of the omelettes, but they were amazing. I'm convinced everything tastes better when cooked on a professional range. (sigh* someday)
Amid all this cooking, it was actually Conference Weekend. We spent most of Saturday morning setting up the television in my parents family room so that we could watch the the 179th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Since by WE, I mean Dad and DH, I took pictures. :) Here they are setting up the entertainment center.

And here is the finished product. I sure was tired after watching them move that 6-piece monstrosity into place. The outcome was impressive though!
So after all that work, we needed an amazing dinner. Right? Right.
We had skirt steak in a sesame, garlic, and ginger marinade. Once again - we used the grill, because we can.
We grilled peppers and onions and had an amazing time eating it. I still didn't get a great picture, but it is a little better than the salmon. (Maybe my awesome SILs on both sides, can give me some pointers?)
It was delicious and perfectly cooked. I love a good marinated skirt steak. In fact - we're having some this week. It'll be yummy.
After dinner Dad and DH went to the Priesthood Session of General Conference while I finally watched the series finale of E.R. I love that show. My Thursday nights will never be the same now that it's gone.
When they got home, DH jumped into the hot tub to relax. The funny thing is, that the water level was a little low and so to turn on the jets, someone had to be in the tub. And then DH's in there, hanging out, and the jets are on a timer. He couldn't get out until they turned off, because he would have sprayed the entire inside of the room that the hot tub is in. - FYI, This was hilarious at 10:00 at night. While DH was trapped in the hot tub, I made dessert.
Dad had bought some gorgonzola cheese and we had pecans and walnuts, and some puff pastry dough. He also found a can of cherry pie filling in the pantry so DH could enjoy some dessert too. :)

Since I realy like desserts, I finally made an effort with plating and remembered to take a picture. I think it turned out pretty well.
The cheese pastries were amazing. The savory cheese with the nuts was a perfect blend with the lightness of the pastry and the sharpness of the raspberry coulis sauce that we made.
We just threw a little powdered sugar icing on the cherry turnovers and they were also very delicious.
Well, thus ends Day 2. Yes, there is more wondrous cooking to be had on Day 3 - but I don't think I have any pictures. I'll post more soon.
Monday, April 13, 2009
More Food, More House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
what a fun weekend! your parents house is amazing! i love that picture of dave and the spatula, i laughed for like ten minutes after i saw it!
OK you're seriously making me hungry and it's way past dinner time. That food looks so food.. could you cook me something and overnight it to me? puh-leassee! I LOVE the stove.. and it's true everything does taste better on a professional range.
I love the spatula and have been looking for something like that.. all the ones I find are so flimsy! I wish I knew what the house looked like before they came in. Love the entertainment center.. those are great for little future grandkids!
Post a Comment