Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Looking Out My Window


This is the view from my office. I have a nice office with a door and a window and real wood cabinets. My favorite part has got to be the view from my window. It doesn't show very well in this picture, but I can see the Chicago river from my office and all of the goings on in the plaza. It makes my day great.

So I was watching people out my window last Friday and I saw them constructing this goofy looking Chicago sign, so after work I went to take a look...

I'm not completely sure what this is about, but it is TOTALLY awesome. The entire sign was made of "green". It wasn't up when I got back in on Monday so I'm not sure what purpose it served over the weekend, but it was still neat to see.

So yesterday I came in to work, sat down and got to work on some leftover projects from Monday when all of a sudden I heard a thud...and then another...and another. This is what I found.

Yep. I had a feathered friend attacking my window. Apparently when the sun hits the window just right it becomes a mirror and this little guy was defending his territory (against himself). It always brightens my day to see wildlife downtown (other than pigeons and purse dogs), he only stayed for about an hour and then I guess the sun no longer reflected his image.

Funny Story. Tribune Tower just recently unlocked all their windows so that people can open them and get a little fresh air. A lady on the 6th floor left her window open overnight and came back to an office with a trespasser. A bird had flown in during the night and couldn't get out! It had ruffled all her papers and made a royal mess of her office...I guess this isn't that funny. Seriously, you had to be there.

3 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I loved that my last desk had a window next to it. Even if it was just of the unloading dock at the SASB. It let in light and I could tell if it was raining or not. I seriously get work depression if I don't sit by a window. Plus you can always sit and stare during your down time.

And that was a pretty cool 'green' artwork. That's probably a great part of working in a big city, you get to see some unusual things.

Anonymous said...

Your birdie story reminds me of Tiffany thompson. They were living here going to school and living in a multi level. Bryce had a cat named Lucifer and when Tiff let in Lucifer she did'nt realize he had a bird in his mouth and when he let it go it took off in her apartment feathers were flying and she was terrified. She called me on the phone and was screaming "Lucifer get the Hell out of my house" Hard to carry on a conversation when she kept screaming 4letter words at Lucifer
Twice as she was screaming because injured bierzerk bird was coming her way the phone disconnect. I'm afraid her neighbors must have thought she was fighting the minuns of Satan. It was hilarious
and luckily the bird finally made his escape. Lucifer, however was not so lucky.

Leah Ferguson said...

Ok so I love your view it's so pretty! I bet you stare out there all day long!

Love how the bird was attacking your window that would of been funny to come home to!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP