Friday, November 13, 2009

Hey Baby, What's your sign?

(Seductive Voice): So...how have you been lately?

I promise my lead in will make sense with what I'm saying. I still work from home on a regular basis and this coming Monday, I have a huge software integration going live. It's been a year long process and requires complete training of our 75ish recruiters across the country.

To make this easier, since I am the only trainer, I divided the group into six sessions, with the first session being at 1pm yesterday.

I found a babysitter for Daphne and at 12:00 was about to head out the door to drop her off when I got a phone call. One of the attendees called me and was like, "Where are you!? No one can get on the call!? It's the wrong number!".

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I did swear. Just a tiny blue response to an hideously un-fun scenario. I had scheduled everything on the Eastern time zone rather than the central time zone so everything is an hour ahead. I unceremoniously dump Baby Girl into her crib because now I don't have time to take her to the sitter.

I rush to my desk and look at the call-in information that I sent out to everyone, "1-800!? What? It should be 1-866!"

I send out the new number and we eventually get started on our call.

After the training session, my vendor contact, who was on the phone with me called me to let me know how great of a job I did and stuff. At the end of the conversation he mentioned that the number I sent everyone to at first was a sex chat line.

What?

Yep, a sex chat line.

He was very nonchalant about the whole thing, just throwing that in there at the end of the call. I was shocked and then I blushed and then I busted out laughing. Full on belly laughs. I couldn't believe that I just sent a handful of recruiters to a sex chat line!

My professionalism is startling lacking some days...

5 comments:

Leah Ferguson said...

HAHAHHAHA! Gosh I'm so glad to know your software integration was going live. YOU the only trainer? So so so not cool. Sex chat line HILARIOUS I laughed SO hard! I think everyone swears once or twice it their life time don't you worry.

I would of died to see you there laughing!!

Leslie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Now that is a funny story! I laughed out loud when i read it and then laughed again when i read it to joe! I am so happy to know this story!!

Mom said...

Now everyone will want to be in on your training sessions! Too funny.

Mom and Dad

Amy said...

That is a classic story. Glad it all worked out.

lindsay said...

Wow, I laughed so hard...and shared the story with Adam. He thought it was hilarious too. We should get together again soon. Maybe the week after Thanksgiving?

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP