Friday, February 6, 2009

Cleopatra, Queen of De-Nial

So, I've finally reached a point where I am giving in to the maternity wardrobe.

I broke down and started wearing maternity pants a while ago, but I was holding out on the maternity shirts. They wouldn't be so bad, except that they totally make you look pregnant!

I know, the reality of my situation still seems to elude me. I bought some maternity shirts while I was in Utah with the help of my excellent SIL, LF. She helped me see the light and get some cute tops.

I'm still a bit self-conscious in them, mostly because other parts of my anatomy have swelled in addition to my belly. I was always very fine with my standing in this matter, but have become increasingly jealous of my more delicately endowed friends.

Oh well, it is what it is, so here's a picture of me in one my brand new maternity shirts looking TOTALLY pregnant.

I'm not going to lie, I look like I haven't had a good night's sleep in about 5 months and that's because it's true.



You'll have to forgive my photographer, he's not really into details like keeping all of my head in the shot. :)

8 comments:

mandy said...

You look adorable. Live it up, sister! I actually miss maternity shirts and the extinction of the stomach suck-in.

Pamela said...

You look great and I can't wait to see you in person. I agree with Mandy, the extingtion of the stomuch suck-in is wonderful but it somes back way to full blown after the baby.

JenRN said...

you look gorgeous pregnant... enjoy it and celebrate maternity clothes...

Leah said...

Oh Rachel you look so good, and trust me compared to me at 5 months you look amazing! I love the clothes you bought and am seriously considering going and shopping there for my non pregnant self! I totally miss my pregnancy jeans! I am so glad we found great stuff!! And you'll find better stuff there.. oh have you been to Janie and Jack lately? =]

Oh and don't worry, I didn't wear pregnancy clothes up until almost 8 months.. I went without "true" pregnancy jeans for 6 months.. I was trying to live the dream and deny that I was gaining a few pounds!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

You really do look great! Maternity clothes are kind of a blessing and a curse for me...I love them when they fit but after I was about 8 months I was too big for them and pretty much nothing was comfortable.

Cute subject line! :)

Amy said...

You look beautiful! Enjoy not being skinny while it's okay to be fat!

Tiffany said...

rachel--I'm stalking your blog. You look super cute! I agree with you on the delicately endowed thing...its even worse when you're nursing (like a billion times worse)...but the great news is that when you're done they go down to smaller than before. i enjoyed that time of life.

anyway, I'm so happy for you and glad you're doing well. don't worry about the sleep thing: you'll never sleep again, so just get used to it. ;)

Tiffany said...

I think you look great, and I personally was excited to wear maternity clothes (the first time around) but not so excited during pregnancy #2 and I wanted to burn them during pregnancy #3 so don't worry your hatred of maternity clothes will expand with each pregnancy.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP