I realize, that this is not a great title for a blog post.
Ok. So remember that little incident with the windshield back in December? I drove all the way up to their shop in Wood Dale (you know, home court advantage) so that they could replace the windshield.
I sat in their horrific waiting room for 3 hours with a "sweat pants are good pants" kind of family and a super self-inflated business man.
They still couldn't get it right. I still had condensation on the inside of my windshield and frost the on inside of my windows. NOT. OKAY.
I call them back and in the most pleasant voice I can muster I ask them to fix it. We schedule a time for them to come see me and my house so they can fix it on site. We decide that this morning will be perfect. I will take the day off and they will come by between 8 and noon to fix my windshield.
They call today at 10:15 to confirm my appointment for tomorrow...
I have no pleasant voice left. I explain to them in controlled measures that this situation is unacceptable. It was decided that they would come TODAY, between 8-12 because the car would be unavailable for service tomorrow. They want to reschedule and I explain that I have a job and can't be around for another half day to get this fixed.
Rather exasperated the attendant tells me they can come to my office. (Like, duh, we make on-site visits...).
At this point I lose patience. I tell her I take a train to work and so coming to my OFFICE doesn't help because there is NO CAR THERE!!
I'm put on hold.
The attendant comes back and says they could come out this afternoon. I tell them that's fine, except that I have made appointments for this afternoon (because you were coming THIS MORNING). I will be available after 3:30 and they can come by then. Apparently they can't guarantee that they will be there after 3:30 and I'm like whatever. You are SO not getting a good review from me and my insurance company, who recommended you, will be hearing about this as well.
The icing on the cake? I was told to "have a blessed day". I think I need a nap and maybe some meditation after this...
Friday, February 6, 2009
I hate people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ugh I had the same thing happen with a few places when I was getting the Rover windshield replaced.. I wanted to shoot someone. Idiots. The "have a blessed day" truly would of made me explode.
Have you ever seen Scrooge with Albert Finney? He sings a song called "I hate people" and it's hilarious. My hubby and I occasionally bust it out when people are being crazy ridiculous.
that sounds horrible... i am so sorry! where is customer SERVICE??? hope the meditation helped! xoxo
ew. I would have been fuming!
Ha! I love that "I am put on hold." was it's own paragraph. Great way of helping us feel the emotion. We used to get this on our Camry during the winter time when we lived in Idaho. If the glass isn't cracked (and I know this sounds weird, but seemed to work for us) you may want to make sure that you don't leave the air conditioning knobs on "defrost" over night. Have them turned to the vents on the floor. I tried it out and it was quite helpful. At least I wasn't scraping the ice off of the inside anymore. Anyway, for what it's worth, we enjoyed the post....we'll make sure not to be "sweat pants are good pants" kind of people!! :)
Post a Comment