Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Missed Trains and Make-up

So I've missed my train for the past two days in a row...

It's not such a big deal, because there's another one after it that I can take. I just have a schedule and I don't like to deviate from it much (I know, WAIT until I have a baby...)

So on Monday, I went to replace this eyeshadow that I have and I got sucked in by one of the "make-up artists" and I ended up with a 2 hour lunch break and a whole new face to go to work with. It was fantastic. I found some really gentle cleansers for my skin - something I was pretty sure didn't exist. There's no tightness or dry spots and it doesn't make me break out. It's like a miracle.

Anyway, I bought some eyeshadow and lipstick (and the skin care) I know, I know, that is one expensive eyeshadow replacement...and I've missed my train for the last two days because I have spent like 15 mintues putting on make-up.

I'm still using my concealer and foundation (powder) that I bought awhile back and I'm just integrating my purchases with what I already have.

It's always funny to me how much better I feel when I put even a few extra minutes into my morning make-up routine. I don't even think it's the new colors (which are great by the way), it's the fact that I'm taking the time to put on the concealer and focus on the eyeliner for more than 30 seconds. I just feel like I look better and more put together, which is kind of important since I gained like 7 pounds at my last appointment and I feel a bit "portly"...

3 comments:

JenRN said...

you have to take care of yourself & i think its awesome you are doing this to uplift your mood while pregnant - yay rae!!

Tiffany said...

Enjoy taking the time to do your makeup now...before you have a screaming kid behind you to speed you along. :)

Leah said...

I bet you look great and sooner or later you had to gain weight for that little girl in your tummy! I L-O-V-E make-up, can't get enough of it! I have more than the normal person and love to wear it! Even though missing your train is bad I think YAY your having fun with make-up!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP